Face mask Update
The new Government legislation for wearing face masks has been extended to include wearing them in hair salons throughout your visit. This comes into effect from Saturday 8th August.
“CLIENTS ARE EXPECTED TO WEAR A FACE COVERING IMMEDIATELY BEFORE ENTERING A NUMBER OF INDOOR SETTINGS, WHICH INCLUDES HAIR SALONS AND BARBERSHOPS AND MUST KEEP IT ON UNTIL THEY LEAVE.”
The guidance does explain that masks can be removed where necessary for treatments.
Who is exempt from wearing a face mask or face covering in a hair salon or barbershop after 8 August?
The guidance explains there are some circumstances, for health, age or equality reasons, where people are not expected to wear face coverings or face masks.
Hair salons and barbershops will need to be mindful and respectful of such circumstances, noting that some people are less able to wear face coverings and the reasons for this may not be visible to others.
Clients do not need to wear a face covering if they have a legitimate reason not to. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Young children under the age of 11 (Public Health England does not recommend face coverings for children under the age of 3 for health and safety reasons)
- Not being able to put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness, impairment or disability
- If putting on, wearing or removing a face covering will cause your client severe distress
- If your client is travelling with or providing assistance to someone who relies on lip reading to communicate
- To avoid harm or injury, or the risk of harm or injury, to your client or others
- To avoid injury, or to escape a risk of harm when the client does not have a face covering with them
- To drink within the hair salon
- To take medication
- If a police officer or other official asks your client to remove their face covering.
- Your client can ask to remove the face mask if they need to speak to someone who relies on lip reading, facial expressions and clear sound.
We've had a large number of clients who have chosen to wear masks throughout the service since we reopened and it hasn't impacted on the level of service we can give, so please don't let it put you off.
If you don't have a mask with you on arrival we can supply you with one, just pick one up on your way in.
See you soon!